OGC SDI 1.0 Interest at ESRI Federal Conference
The Carbon Project team exhibited this week during the ESRI FedUC at the Washington DC Convention Center. We set up in Booth 720 and showed ESRI customers how they can extend their ArcGIS desktop with OGC SDI 1.0 and Microsoft Virtual Earth using CarbonArc PRO 1.5.
Lots of energy during the two-day event. ESRI customers were interested in OGC interoperability and eager to learn more about using OGC Web services and data - including WMS, WFS, WFS-T, WCS, Filter Encoding, GML, GMLsf and CS-W.
Our most popular demo was feature editing using the new tools in CarbonArc PRO 1.5. During these sessions we showed how simple it is to:
- access a WFS Transactional service
- build the editing tables right from the feature schema
- add validation rules to make sure people add the correct info
- create new GML feature data or edit existing GML (points, lines and polygons)
- manage WFS Transactions
- commit WFS Transactions so they can be used by anyone that needs them
Overall assessment - Great event for ESRI and CarbonArc PRO 1.5!
The following organizations provided software or OGC SDI services used in the example above - ESRI, Leica Geosystems and Microsoft Virtual Earth.