US Intelligence Community - Advocates for Energy Independence?
Prez-elect Obama is getting a look at the latest strategic intelligence forecast from U.S. intel agencies - Global Trends 2025. In addition to identifying climate change as a threat to national security and reduced US influence in the global community, the report will outline six diruptive technologies "with the potential to cause a noticeable -- even if temporary -- degradation or enhancement in one of the elements of U.S. national power."
- Biogerontechnology involves technologies that improve lifespan.
- Energy storage systems, such as fuel cells and ultracapacitors, would replace fossil fuels.
- Crop-based biofuels and chemicals production, which will reduce gasoline dependence.
- Clean coal technologies.
- Robots have the potential to replace humans in a number of industries, ranging from the military to health care.
- Internet pervasiveness will be in everyday objects, such as food packages, furniture and paper documents. It will also streamline supply chains, slash costs "and reduce dependence on human labor," according to the report.
The only problem with this analysis is the broken logic. Here's the breakdown on the breakdown - The report outlines that climate change is going to have massive effects across the world. I would presume that this means less stable crop production.
Huh? How are crop-based biofuels going to reduce need for gasoline if those same crops are more in demand due to potentially reduced production and/or increased demand?
Folks might want to lift a few pages from the Pickens Plan and recycle it into the report.